Management welcomes you all, our dear students, back to the University from the Christmas Break and wishes you the very best in your forthcoming semester examinations.
As it prays for your success, Management also encourages you to study very hard with a view to obtaining the best grades obtainable in your various courses of study.
Students are also to take note of the following:
- Ensure that you do not get involved in any form of examination malpractice as penalty for such is expulsion from the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor still receives reports of male students bullying and threatening other students. Students involved in that unwholesome attitude are hereby warned, in their own interest, to desist from any further act of bullying, harassment or threatening of fellow students for whatever reasons. Please, take note that the penalty for gangsterism and similar unruly behaviour is summary expulsion from the University.
- Management will implement its promise to reward students who achieve the prescribed minimum attendance at the University Library. Records of students’ attendance at the Library will be published for the information of all parents.
- Many students are yet to learn the ethics of punctuality. Management observed, with great displeasure, that some students were just resuming on Monday, 13th January, 2020 whereas the deadline for resumption from the Christmas Break was Monday, 6th January, 2020. Students are, therefore, hereby strongly warned to take note that no extension beyond the prescribed deadline will be allowed next semester. Any Student who stays beyond the set deadline will be deemed to have voluntarily withdrawn from the University.
- First Semester Examinations will hold from Thursday, 16th to Wednesday, 29th January, 2020. First Semester Break will commence on Friday, 31st January, 2020. However, students who finish their examinations before that date and are willing to go home will be free to do so. The Ag. Dean of Students Affairs will issue exeat for any student who wants to go home immediately after his/her examinations. Once a student goes away under this dispensation, however, such student will not be allowed into the campus until the date of resumption for the next semester.
- Lectures for Stream B students will continue until Friday, 21st February, 2020 while they will write their First Semester Examinations from Monday, 24th to Saturday, 29th February, 2020. They will resume for the Second Semester along with the other students.
- Foundation students will not proceed on holiday with the regular students at the end of the current semester examinations. They will continue with their lectures in preparation for their final examination coming up in June, 2020.
This decision is premised on the fact that their syllabus is peculiar, and going by the poor performances of previous sets of Foundation Students, they will need more time to prepare in order to record better performances, especially in the JUPEB examinations.
The Centre for Pre-Degree and Foundation Programmes will inform them of their subsequent lecture schedule and holiday.
Management is in possession of the list of students involved in acts of vandalism of University property shortly before proceeding on Christmas Break. The students will soon be arraigned before the Students Disciplinary Committee and those found guilty will be sanctioned appropriately.
You are therefore, hereby warned to shun all acts of misconduct in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Michael O. Abikoye ACU/VC/GSTDM/048
Deputy Registrar (VCO) 15th January, 2020