PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Ajayi Crowther University, being desirous of having a Faculty of Education that will run programmes in Teacher Education, Guidance and Counselling, and Library Science. All the programmes in the said Faculty are listed among the National Universities Commission's approved academic programme.
The aim of the Faculty of Education is the training and education of teachers, teacher educators, guidance counselors and library experts who can effectively respond to the teaching, training, and research challenges of the 21st century educational system. To achieve this goal, the specific objectives ofthe Faculty are:
- Equipping the students with appropriate pedagogical skills and competencies needed for handling various school subjects
- Collaborating with cognate departments for the acquisition of relevant skills, knowledge and other forms of competencies needed for the training and education of teachers, guidance counselors and library experts for the Nigerian educational system
- Supporting governmental and non-governmental agencies in providing capacity building and research services for the enhancement of educational quality in Nigeria.
BASIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission into Bachelor's degree programmes in the Faculty of Education is done through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or Direct Entry by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). The entry requirement seeks to ensure that those admitted have necessary aptitude to benefit from the programme.
UNIVERSITY MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
A minimum of five credits in not more than two sittings, in English Language, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects to the programme in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its approved equivalent by Federal Ministry of Education. Such a candidate must also have an acceptable pass in the University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Candidates seeking admission into the Department through Direct Entry should possess, in addition to ordinary level requirement, one of the following:
1. General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level in at least two relevant subjects.
2. Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE ) with a minimum of merit in the relevant subject(s) from recognized institutions.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES IN THE FACULTY OF EDUCATION
The Faculty of Education offers a 4 year degree programme for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME ) candidates while Direct Entry candidates with NCE Certificates ot its equivalent are expected to complete the programme in 3 years
It is expected that each student shall satisfy the general and specific requirements in their programmes as scheduled in regard to core/ compulsory, optional, elective courses, and practical. To qualify for a degree, each student should have completed and passed all the required courses specified by the University IFaculty and obtained a minimum cumulative CGPA specified by the University but not less than 1.50.
The classification of the overall performance of each student shall be based on Cumulative Grade Pofnt Average (CGPA) system.
|Class of Degree||CGPA|
|First Class Honours||4.50-5.00|
|Second Class Honours (Upper Division)||3.50-4.49|
|Second Class Honours (Lower Division)||2.40-3.49|
|Third Class Honours||1.50-2.39|
Faculty of Education - Staff List