- Please recall that as a result of rampaging COVID-19 infections all over Nigeria especially during the second wave of the infection across the world that all students coming into the campus both fresh and returning were mandated to undergo the COVID-19 screening before being admitted into the Hostels.
- The arrangement was that as the students are brought to school by their parents or guardians, the students are to be screened while their parents wait. Any student that tests Positive is then advised to return home with the parents and to go to any of the approved NCDC testing Centres across the nation for a PCR confirmation test.
- Any student that test NEGATIVE after the PCR confirmation test is readmitted back into the Hostel and classroom, on the receipt of the test result by the Director of Health Services.
- Any student that tests POSITIVE however is expected to Self-Isolate at home under medical advice until the PCR test repeat is NEGATIVE and available to the University.
- For the Students who go to UCH Ibadan testing centre for their test, after the specimen is collected from them, they are to go home and wait for UCH to send the result to the University. The University will call each student/parent to inform them of the results and to give necessary counsel for those that tested POSITIVE.
Please NOTE that UCH does not release results to students or parents but the University.
COVID-19 is real. Always wear face masks on campus and maintain social/physical distancing.
Adenike T. Fatogun (Mrs.)